U-DFL Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Stupid is as stupid does...

Here is a selection of quotes from Republicans, courtesy of the book 449 Stupid Things Republicans Have Said, by Ted Rueter.

  • "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." -George W. Bush on his way out the door at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas
  • "Reading is the basics for all learning." -George W. Bush, trumpeting his "Reading First" initiative
  • "In every society, the definition of marriage has not, to my knowledge, included homosexuality...it's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be." -Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pennsylvania)
  • "Where did this idea come from that everybody deserves free education? Free medical care? Free whatever? It comes from Moscow. From Russia. It comes straight out of the pit of hell." -Representative Debbie Riddle (R-Texas)
  • "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -George W. Bush

and my personal favorite:

  • "I am running because there needs to be one member of Congress who stands up for the European American." -David Duke, Congressional candidate from Louisiana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home