U-DFL Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ford Bell Drops Out

Ford Bell has ended his campaign for U.S. Senate and has endorsed Amy Klobuchar. From Bell's website:
I am announcing today that I am ending my campaign for the DFL nomination for U.S. Senate this year.

Our campaign has touched and energized thousands of Minnesotans, and I am grateful beyond words for the support that we have received. There is not a doubt in my mind that our message would carry the day in November against Mark Kennedy. But it has also become clear that our campaign will not be able to raise enough money to win the September primary...I will be supporting my opponent Amy Klobuchar in November, and I ask my supporters to do the same. The differences within our Party are important, but the differences between Mark Kennedy, George Bush and the needs of America are much greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home